Saturday Special: 11 Strange But True Facts That Will Shock You
- If you die in Amsterdam with no next of kin, and no friends or family to prepare funeral or mourn over the body, a poet will write a poem for you and recite it at your funeral.
- The collars on men’s dress shirts used to be detachable. This was to save on laundry costs as the collar was the part that needed cleaning the most frequently.
- In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself.
- Baked beans are actually not baked, but stewed.
- The term ‘footage’ comes from films being measured in feet, when being edited in the early days of film making.
- Some areas in Scotland and Japan switched to blue street lights at night, and saw a decrease in crime & suicide rates.
- The first film with a $100 million budget was True Lies, which was made in 1994.
- There are cells in human body called Faggot cells which cause leukaemia.
- Elephants make friends, bury their dead, travel for ‘funerals’, speak to each other, and show extreme intelligence.
- “Bluetooth” technology was named after a 10th century king, King Harald Bluetooth. He united Denmark and Norway – just like the wireless technology united computers and cell phones.
- The human nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
1 thought on “Saturday Special: 11 Strange But True Facts That Will Shock You”
Good one especially at 3