1) Tears contain a natural pain killer which reduces pain and improves your mood.
It’s actually an endorphin, which is why you can tend to feel better after a good cry!
So next time you feel the need to break down, don’t be shy!
2) Dolly Parton lost in a Dolly Parton look-alike contest.
Dolly Parton entered a Dolly Parton themed drag queen contest, did her hair and makeup more dramatically, and not only lost, but received the least applause.
3) In total, there are 205 bones in the skeleton of a horse.
Even though they are much greater in size to humans (we have 206), horses have just about the same number of bones in their skeleton as we do!
4) In June 2017, the Facebook community reached 2 billion active users.
Meaning, more than a quarter of the world’s population uses this popular social media outlet!
5) During your lifetime, you will spend around thirty-eight days brushing your teeth.
This equals out to about 35.5 days in total.
At about two minutes per day, this equates to 0.1% of your life!
6) Ants leave maps for other ants when they walk.
Ants leave pheromone trails when they walk as maps for other ants to follow, meaning they can travel the fastest route to food or their hive. The more ants that walk that route, the stronger the map is for others to follow.
7) The smallest bone in your body is in your ear.
The stapes is a bone in the middle ear of humans that which helps conduct sound vibrations for identification. It is only roughly 0.04 inch (1mm) in size.
8) People with brain damage can suffer from “joke addiction”.
A study by neurologists showed that some patients who suffered from brain trauma and have developed damage on the right-hand side of their brain have a compulsive obsession to tell jokes which they find hilarious, whilst not finding other peoples’ jokes funny.
9) The word “emoji” comes from the Japanese words “e” and “moji”, which mean “picture” and “character”.
The word “emoji” comes from the Japanese words “e” and “moji”, which mean “picture” and “character”.
The link to the English words “emotion” and “emoticon” are purely coincidental.
10) Most Korean people don’t have armpit odor.
Only 0.006% of the Korean population have the ABCC11 gene, which is the cause of armpit odor. As a result deodorants are rarely sold in Korea.
11) Only 5% of the ocean has been explored.
Alongside this only 1% of the seabed has been discovered and explored. Sea exploration and mapping didn’t truly start until the 1960s due to the lack of technology beforehand.
12) In the 18th Century Smallpox scars would get you a job.
By having Smallpox scars it showed that you had already had Smallpox so employers didn’t have to worry about you getting it and taking time off work.
13 ) Jupiter has a “lost” moon.
The planet’s outermost moon, S/2003 J 2, was discovered by scientists in 2003, but hasn’t been spotted since then and is considered as lost.How embarrassing, to lose a moon!